Leaking CH circulation pump (knackered flange?)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello! I've got a Baxi 105e combi boiler which is leaking from the circulation pump (Grundfos jobby). Whilst it does look easy to do myself, access to it looks like I'd cut my fingers to ribbons. Does anyone know how much I'd be looking at to get a CH engineer/plumber in to replace the flange on this? As an aside, can the flange simply be cleaned on this?

I'd lost pressure in the boiler so repressured the system to 1.5 bar and it's giving a small drop every 3-4 seconds.

Sponsored Links
Your description is way too vague to provide much information,
perhaps posting a piccy would help?

expect to pay around £150+vat for a replacement Pump but could be more or could be less ;)

The pump is secured to a brass manifold towards the bottom and a pipe towards the top right hand side the pump is held in place with 2 screws
The o rings to which the pump mount have perished and need replacing this is a fairly easy repair and should not cost a great deal if you use a decent recommended rgi

The pump is secured to a brass manifold towards the bottom and a pipe towards the top right hand side the pump is held in place with 2 screws
The o rings to which the pump mount have perished and need replacing this is a fairly easy repair and should not cost a great deal if you use a decent recommended rgi

Yes! That's exactly it! I was going to grab some more photos tomorrow, but that's exactly what I was trying to describe. So it's just O-Rings and not an entire flange? Cool stuff. I'll give someone a buzz tomorrow. Whilst it's probably easily within my skills, I'll probably end up pulling the entire pump out and costing myself a small fortune.

Thanks so much for this :)

Sponsored Links
Would be advisable to try and get the correct o rings from baxi or a wholesaler

prt No. 247429

or it is likely you will spend a fair bit of time trying to find something suitable as a replacement

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back