Leaking glass on composite door (AIBU)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a composite door with 4 windows in it. A while back after heavy rain we noticed a puddle on the floor but didn’t know where the water had come from. Initially I thought it was a roof leak but didn’t see any evidence so just put it down to water being walked in.

then today we’ve noticed water on the door sill and drip marks down the inside of the door.

to be sure it was the door I’ve then poured water against the door and we’ve had a stream of water come in. I’ve contacted the installers who have said

We will have look at door I suspect something to do with drainage if puddle , but any door will leek with poring water as video as not how rain would hit the door , same as a hose pipe.

Which, I get they have said they will look at it, but it kind of implies that by me pouring water I’m creating an unnatural scenario so I shouldn’t be surprised that water is coming in.

the door wasn’t cheap, it was installed by a good local company and it is guaranteed but the response has annoyed me a bit. Should I accept that a door will leak every now and again or should i expect a door not to leak.

aibu in expectations? We’ve had a few niggles with the quality of doors since buying and have highlighted them whilst also trying to not be overly picky. As an example the door handle was wobbly as a fixing screw on the door was not tightened so I had to dismantle the handle and retighten it, it had been like that since installing and was an easy fix after I realised I had to remove everything…

Attachments

• 502A3F14-3F1B-434A-96A2-3152F7C0861F.png
    502A3F14-3F1B-434A-96A2-3152F7C0861F.png
    910.3 KB · Views: 90
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back