Leaking lawnmower and mowing a lawn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got petrol leaking out the front and my petrol tank keeps emptying. Is the petrol hose got a leak? Blue circle i
20201113_130342.jpg
20201113_130005.jpg
Screenshot_20201113-175627_Gallery.jpg
n photo

When u mow a lawn do you go round the outside then up and down. Does it matter if your lines bend to the left or right?

Sponsored Links
Completely impossible to tell from the photos. All that can be ascertained is that it's a red mountfield .

When u mow a lawn do you go round the outside then up and down. Does it matter if your lines bend to the left or right?

Behave!

Sponsored Links
Try not to let the petrol leak onto the grass. Whenever I get a spill during filling damages the grass quite badly.

This mower has no petrol tap (its not a bad move to fit one) so the leak is either from the petrol supply pipe or more likely the needle float valve in the carburettor is passing slightly.
John :)

if the photos show the whole lawn, then I'd be looking at a ride on mower.

This mower has no petrol tap (its not a bad move to fit one) so the leak is either from the petrol supply pipe or more likely the needle float valve in the carburettor is passing slightly.
John :)
So for mower repair man not worth trying to do myself?

I have a similar mower and replaced the fuel pipe earlier this year. Its literally a 5 minute job. Remove the air filter and Having drained as much fuel as possible turn the mower on its side. Remove the clip at each end of the pipe and pull the pipe off. As the Haynes manual says reassembly is a simple matter of reversing the instructions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back