1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Leaking Lead Lined Gutter on a Terraced House

Discussion in 'Roofing and Guttering' started by Pete the Feet, 19 Aug 2021.

1. Pete the Feet

Pete the Feet

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Getting a bit of damp on the inside wall of the bathroom at my other half's house. Looking outside there is a lead lined stone gutter. The pointing between the sections looks shot but also the lead is peppered with tiny holes. You can see where the damp patch outside is underneath the gutter on the photo.
    The best option may be to replace the lead and a bit of pointing, however this will cost a fair bit and I was thinking that maybe trying some sealer first but I'm not sure which sort is best for lead and the intended application. If anyone has any "actual" experience of this then your advice would be appreciated. We're both reluctant to spend a load of money on this as it may be up for sale in the near future as she is now living under my leaky roof.

Attached Files:

2. Sponsored Links
  3. catlad

catlad

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Cheap job! then clean out the debris in the gutter and paint it liberally with acropl.
    Best done when dry and if there are any large tears the some fibre glass matting will make the repair last longer.

4. Pete the Feet

Pete the Feet

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Cheers for that.