Leaking Lead Lined Gutter on a Terraced House

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Getting a bit of damp on the inside wall of the bathroom at my other half's house. Looking outside there is a lead lined stone gutter. The pointing between the sections looks shot but also the lead is peppered with tiny holes. You can see where the damp patch outside is underneath the gutter on the photo.
The best option may be to replace the lead and a bit of pointing, however this will cost a fair bit and I was thinking that maybe trying some sealer first but I'm not sure which sort is best for lead and the intended application. If anyone has any "actual" experience of this then your advice would be appreciated. We're both reluctant to spend a load of money on this as it may be up for sale in the near future as she is now living under my leaky roof.

Attachments

• Leaking Trough.jpeg
    Leaking Trough.jpeg
    288.8 KB · Views: 148
Sponsored Links
Cheap job! then clean out the debris in the gutter and paint it liberally with acropl.
Best done when dry and if there are any large tears the some fibre glass matting will make the repair last longer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back