Leaking lockshield radiator valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a radiator valve that is leaking very slightly. It not the thermostat end but the exit end (i think its a lockshield valve?). On the valve just where it exits the raditor there is a small chrome cylinder with what appears to be a square threaded nut (similar to a bleed valve) and water is dripping from here. I have tried tightening this but it wont move. Will i need to replace the whole valve?

I have included a photo of the valve im talking about. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
If it helps its a combi boiler system

[/img]

Sponsored Links
try removing the whits part at the top and tightening the nut probably the gland seal leaking!!

On the valve just where it exits the raditor there is a small chrome cylinder with what appears to be a square threaded nut (similar to a bleed valve) and water is dripping from here.

It's leaking from the draincock. Just change it.

haha nice spot seco never even realised it had a drian point on it maybe should look at the picture in greater detail next tim, fud that i am :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
what make of valve is best to use? Also do you recommend one with or without the draincock? All the other radiators have them on.
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back