Leaking MDPE fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive installed some mdpe, and I have used a polyplast 25 mm MDPE stop tap fitting. It seems to be leaking. I have had it apart cleaned it and refitted it but it still leaks. I can only guess that Ive overtightened it. Is there any way I can salvage the fitting now this has happened, i.e. could I use some PTFE or something or have I mucked up the whole fitting and should I replece it?

Sponsored Links
Ive got 25mm mdpe pipe, into MDPE stop tap, onto 25mm MDPE pipe.
The leak is on the supply side of the stop tap from the nut. I have used an insert. I think I have overtightend the compression nut on the MDPE stop tap. I believe it stretches the thread. I was wondering If I could use some PTFE tape or replace a collar or something and save the fitting...
what do you think?

or you could get a straight coupling and swap the nut & grip ring but before you do check that you haven't just pushed the washer ring out

Sponsored Links
I think hes use a Kuterlite compression fitting.

Yes a few turn of ptfe around the olive is worth a try.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back