Leaking MDPE stopcock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,

I've signed up to get an answer to this problem, so hopefully someone can help...

I've just installed a new water main in 25mm mdpe, and it's due to get connected up tomorrow morning. I've done all the plumbing inside the house to connect the new main to, including a stopcock for the new main.

The old main will stay until it can be cut off later, so I've plumbed the old and new ones into the current pipe work. The outside end of the new main is blocked up ready to be connected.

So, after doing the plumbing work, I've turned the existing main back on, and water is leaking from the stopcock from the seal around the hexagonal section that the tap sticks out of.

I don't know much about these, and I don't want to take it apart as I'm going to elreturn it to the shop tomorrow for replacement, but can it be repaired? Is it a case of tightening something up? I'd basically like to just repair it if possible to save going to the shop at 7am tomorrow!

Cheers,

Chris

Sponsored Links
Tighten the nut that surrounds the spindle, that should cure it

Cheers! I decided to risk the returns policy and take it apart... The seal wasn't sitting properly. All sorted now :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back