Leaking Myson Premier HE Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hoping someone can help me out.

Two weeks ago my sister had a radiator fixed which had been leaking. It is a Myson radiator ( don't know the model, but it is smaller than the one in her lounge - see below ). The person who fixed this replaced the bleed vent.

Now her lounge one is leaking aswell, it is a Myson Premier HE radiator. This one is leaking at the top from the opposite side of the one which was leaking a couple of weeks ago ( see above ), from around a large hexagon type nut. I tightened it up and all was fine for a few days, but it has started leaking again. It's only a small leak, but the radiator won't heat up because of it.

Is there some type of seal behind the nut which may need replacing?
I've searched for Myson Premier HE spares but am yet to come up with anything.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
kevplumb said:
turn both valves off loosen the hex
apply some ptfe tape

tighten it back up

open valves ;)

Hi, cheers for that.

Few things.

What valves need turning off?

Will a 'Focus' type shop sell ptfe tape?

Where exactly do I apply the tape?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
The small leak in itself will not stop the rad heating up.

Perhaps the rad has been turned off at both valves to stop the leak and thats why its not heating up now?

Tony

Agile said:
The small leak in itself will not stop the rad heating up.

Perhaps the rad has been turned off at both valves to stop the leak and thats why its not heating up now?

Tony

It wasn't heating up at all when it was leaking ( it was a tiny leak - one drop every few seconds ). When I tightened it up, about 1/10th turn, the leak stopped and it started heating up again. A few days later the tiny leak starts up again, and the radiator won't heat up! :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back