Leaking New Basin Waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I can not stop the waste leaking. All items are new, I have put the plastic washer onto the thread of the waste and then put it through the hole ensuring that the overflow holes face front and back to match the slot built into the basin. I have then fitted the plastic washer quite tightly with a spanner (no more movement) underneath (I am reluctant to keep tightening for fear of breaking the basin).

When water testing the water is escaping from between the plastic nut and the underside of the basin.

Help please -desparate!

Sponsored Links
Take it apart again and make sure everything is clean from dirt & grit ,redo it again without cross threading it.Failing that get another one or use plumbermate (bit like putty)instead of the plastic washer.

OK - but does the plumbers mate go under the chrome bit next to the basin AND under the basin above the plastic nut please?

Yes,under the chrome bit next to the basin(roll the plumbers mate like a saugage and thick) and leave out the plastic washer then put it into the hole of the basin gently and tighten the plastic nut underneath which will push out the plumbers mate in your basin.Don't tear the plumbers mate out of the basin,use a plastic knife to trim. :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back