Leaking pipe, can't work out connector type

FNG

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

I have a leak on a radiator value which has started after I removed the radiator.

It was fine for days then I suspect the pipe got badly knocked and something horrible started happening.

Firstly the open connector to the radiator started throwing out a lot of water. The thermostatic valve was still closed and made no difference so I capped it off.

However a second much more minor leak started and I can't get to it or work it out.

This is the valve/pipe

The leak is from the very bottom on the bottom of lower nut running straight down the pipe.

I can't get the lower nut off as the insert thing is holding it tight.

So, what is the insert thing? Is it because of the 15mm pipe the value is on?

How do I get it off (assuming that is the source of the leak?)
What do I replace it with?

ta

FNG

Sponsored Links
You cant get it off.

Its a reducing set to take the valves from 15mm-8mm (to suit your pipework)

If there is some play on the pipe you can pull it up and cut the end of the pipe off with a hacksaw. Then replace the valve with a 15mm x 10/8mm valve.

hi,

ta for that, it's good to know it is supposed to be fixed before I start attacking it properly.

there is some play on the pipes so I pull it up an inch through the floor boards (ground floor radiator)

I'm going to leave it for now as I am not putting the original radiator back so the pipes may need adjusting them anyway.

ta

Sponsored Links
Put some jointing compound around it and it should be fine

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back