Leaking Potterton Promax HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

I've had a leaking boiler for a while, but could never see anything damp on the boiler itself, just a puddle on the kitchen worktop after the boiler hadn't been in use for a while.

I think it must be getting worse now, as there is a small, continuous leak quite regular now. I presume it must be an O-Ring which has failed, but what's the best way to identify it before I strip it down? As I need to guarantee to fix it, as I have a small baby who needs to keep warm.

The leak is on what looks like a quick release type fitting directly after the Flow Outlet

So really my main questions and concern is:

- Best way to identify the O-Ring before removal
- Best way to drain down the system - the boiler heat hot water in an unvented tank, and also does the central heating, so this flow pipe is used for both tasks. Is there somewhere 'special' I need to drain things down completely? I presume refilling would just be at the normal filling loop in the airing cupboard (where the unvented tank is situated too).

Thanks a lot
Ryan

Sponsored Links
Hopefully Pics are here:

Attachments

• IMG_0604.jpg
    IMG_0604.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_0605.jpg
    IMG_0605.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_0606.jpg
    IMG_0606.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 355
Sponsored Links
If I was you I would go for a baxi fixed price repair, I wouldnt recommend that job for a DIY repair

Thanks for the replies guys, I will take your advice.

My wife reminded me (luckily) that we do have boiler cover. I found the paper work, and it is from D&G, but it was via Potterton/Baxi. Do they repair that side of the boiler - as that is more plumbing isn't it?

Cheers

My wife reminded me (luckily) that we do have boiler cover. I found the paper work, and it is from D&G, but it was via Potterton/Baxi. Do they repair that side of the boiler - as that is more plumbing isn't it?
is it boiler care , if so then yes . if just plumbing then no

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back