Leaking radiator pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wooden floor in one of the bedrooms, moved so much it has pushed up against one of the radiator pipes and caused a kink, lifting the floor at this area has case the pipe to split slightly at the bend and unfortunately leak :(

I've dug out around the pipe, but want to check that what I intend to do is okay. By the way, turning the radiator off at the temperature value has stopped the leak, so lucky I can still have heat in the rest of the house. :)

Intend to cut the pipe several inches along, at ground level and after having bend a suitable length pipe, fit using push fit compression joint.

My question is regarding the value. Can I just use the existing value, or will I need to purchase a new one? Or is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,

Johnnypanic

Sponsored Links
If the value should read valve, you will probably find the valve will be ok but do replace the olive.

Take a lot of force to kn*cker the valve up. :D

Thanks for that, will get a new olive.

Will also learn to read my post before pressing the submit button :oops:

Cheers,

Johnnypanic

you are aware you will have to drain the systen down as the pipe although it is no longer leaking is still in the system and full of water!!!!
[sorry if i have stated the obviouse :oops: ]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back