leaking roof repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have found that felt near the two roof valleys are wet. Got two roofers around and both said some of the cement between the tiles and valley are loose. one suggested to replace the whole fiber glass with lead, and the other suggested just fixing the loose cement.

I have decided to go for the 2nd one, and waiting for the quote. What is the reasonable price for fixing the cement for 2 valleys (4 bed detached)? I am in southwest. He said it's a one day job.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Go up and remove the cement under the valley tiles Its not needed! it cracks breaks away traps the water and causes water ingress.

Post a picture.

thanks, alastairreid.

The valley is fiberglass I was told and the roofer reckoned that the some of cement connecting tiles to the valley loose, thus leaving a gap letting water in.

it looks like this one.

Sponsored Links
The mortar in the valley traps the water in when it cracks or crumbles...terrible idea..remove the mortar and clean the valley trough..then you will be in a position to see if it needs replaced.

The tiles oversail the valley you dont need to bung it up with mortar to keep the rain out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back