Leaking soil pipe help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My soil pipe runs through my bathroom and through my kitchen. I noticed that the cupboard that partially boxes in the pipe is wet.From upstairs behind the bathroom sink the soilpipe is leaking around one of the joins(this has the bath waste going in to it).

Is there a rubber o ring type seal on these or are they solvent welded?
The dripping seems to be getting worse and its going to ruin my kitchen.

How can I fix this?

Sponsored Links
gain access to the leaking fitting . ( whatever it takes)

it could be solvent weld or oring, would need to see a pic.

you might try a bodge and use some (nuetral curing , i think) silicone if it all looks a bit dificult to access...normally a last resort though

Sponsored Links
I can gain crappy access at the moment, thats how I could see he leaky joint. will have to take the sink/vanity unit out to get full access. Suppossed to be getting the bathroom re fitted in the next few weeks but may have to start earlier!

If I can get full access to it how can i fix the seal? Do I have to pull the two sections apart, ie.lift up the upper section? and will that disturb where the pipe goes out the roof?

Thanks for any help

not sure if you mean its leaking from the boss strap (straped around the soil pipe and allows a pipe to connect to the main stack.......or you mean a joint in the main stack is leaking...

not sure if you mean its leaking from the boss strap (straped around the soil pipe and allows a pipe to connect to the main stack.......or you mean a joint in the main stack is leaking...

Its a section of the stack, almost a T piece,which has the bath waste pipe on it. The leak is coming not from the bath pipe but from the bottom of the section if that makes sense. I can't get a good photo. Looking for a pic on google

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back