leaking stopcock???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Hopefully you can help me with this one, i fitted an outside tap for a friend, i turned off the water at stopcock to do this, now he tells me that when he uses the garden hose water leaks from the stopcock...?

Why would this be happening? and how would i fix leak?

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Try tightening nuts/ gland on stopcock if that don`t work may be new mains stopcock, can`t understand it only leaking when using hose though :?:

UNLESS...when using garden hose, he`s using one of those thingy`s on the end that turn the water into a spray... this would mean a build of pressure in the water pipe & hose, & seeing as it cannot escape from the nozzle it will escape from the nearest weakest point, i.e, gland on stopcock. :D

But it isn`t leaking when he turns tap off, so it must be the restriction of the water when it is flowing that is causing the build up of pressure leading to the leak ONLY when the hose is in use.. ;)

im not sure where it is leaking from as i havent seen it yet, but if i need to replace the gland do i have to turn off water from outside or can i just close stopcock while i replace it?

Thanks again for great help

Find were it`s leaking & post back, otherwise we could be in for a long night & I`ve got to go & milk the goat soon...... :D

traineegasman said:
Find were it`s leaking & post back, otherwise we could be in for a long night & I`ve got to go & milk the goat soon...... :D
yes a goal here we go here we go

MOD

see item 8

and then behave

Have a day off Bob, I`m an Irishman living in Liverpool, I couldn`t give a monkey`s wether they get stuffed or not, & do you know why????.....BECAUSE I`M IRISH!!! Sorry to **** on your ever dwindling bonfire.... try calling me Irish names, then I might rise to to the bait.... as for Liverpool.... COME ON MILAN!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back