leaking toilet inlet.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help. I have just tried to fit a new syphon to the loo which was going fine till I tried to reattach the water inlet pipe to the plastic inlet. I can't get it to stop leaking from the joint. I have used the same fabric washer as before. The inlet pipe has an isolater so dont want to change it. Would using ptf tape help, although I think this is just for metal to metal. Gizzy333

Sponsored Links
Make sure you haven't cross threaded it. (Very easy to do on a metal/plastic joint.) If the joint has cross threaded then likely the ballvalve is scrap. :cry:

you can't use the same fibre washer, it needs a new one, that's providing you haven't already done as Hugh suggested

have you replaced the doughnut washer as well (thick rubber one between the cistern & pan) because this will need a new one as well

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. Not cross threaded but must be old fabric washer so will replace. Thanks also for tip about doughnut washer, I will change this also. :)

If all else fails fit one of these.
24989.jpg

This would involve cutting the pipe and fitting a male adaptor to said cut pipe.

Why not a normal flexi tap conn, copper to female swivel?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back