Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi every1,
i have just fitted my own bathroom suite, for the 1st
time, all ok except for the toilet, it is a close coupled toilet
and it leaks from the the holes where the bolts come through the pan
(from the cistern), have redone wing nuts up 3 times but still leaks,
doughnut washer looks ok, any ideas???????
Thanks in advance...

Sponsored Links
Dry off everthing, use sanitary silicone on the pan the donut the cistern, squidge down, tighten your nuts and your away.

Sponsored Links
what if i need to take the cistern off in future??
silicone will glue it all together!!!!
it doesnt say silicone in the instructions, not that im picking ur answers.
Surely must be something im not doing right???? :confused: :confused:

long time scince my nuts where tightened all the way :LOL:
silicone the donut both sides
pottery is not flat in places but try getting the gits that make it to admit it :LOL:

Thanks, will try that, if it fails will i try tightening the nut that holds the syphon and cc bracket, didnt over tighten that 1 cos was scared of breaking thread(plastic)????

Does the WC leak constantly, i.e. it's losing the stored water from the cistern, or is it just at the time of flushing?

If it does leak constantly, did you test the cistern and syphon once assembled for water-tightness before fitting it to the pan?

Regards, Graham

Change the metal washers for bigger ones to spread the load by the wing nuts :)

forget the sealant, is the donut the rubber type or the foam type,if its the later one change the donut.i had the same prob and found that the donut didnt seal down enough.
baz

I agree with CHINY15. I had the same problem with a close coupled cistern, the doughnut I was given with the suite was a very flimsy foam thing and when I changed it for a quality one it was fine.

no, doughnut is good solid quality, surely bigger washers is a cowboy
way to fix the prob, i got faith in you guys, give me the answer and my
girlfiend says she will show u the pic of the fixed prob!!!!!!!!

right nip the syphon 1/4 turn apply silicone to the pan sit the cistern on and tighten down
sooner you posted a pic of the girlfreind then the loo :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back