Leaking Toilet :(

Wish I could find my camera lead, I don't have a big spyhon thing that you get when you google it...there's no floaty thing in my cistern

Sponsored Links
Floaty things shold be in the Bowl not the cistern :eek: . Turn off the water in the pavement if you have to - then go in and flush the toilet - if it doesn`t fill then it`s isolated so buy a 15mm balofix valve and a pipeslice as well as the other bits - cut the valve into the feed pipe and isolate the cistern from there :idea: then work on it , replacing the do nut and washers etc.

hehe

I remembered my pc has a card slot so here's a close up on the leakage.

ref balofix valves, just had a quick look and I think there's one there already. I assume I just turn that off and no water comes in?

Ok. I'm really on fire now, here's whats inside - would I need to replace that whole unit or just the seal/washer at the bottom?

& this is a balofix yuss?

Sponsored Links
Just buy a closed couple cistern kit this comes with doughnut, new plate and retaining screws with washers ect. When replacing it dry everything off and seal bottom of syphon to cistern and cistern to coupling plate. It's all very straight forward.

That`s a balofix. And you don`t need to replace anything Inside the cistern - only what barkie 1 said ;)

OK, update.

Got one of those sets from B&Q, took the toilet apart.

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.j...Type=cistern_fittings&fh_eds=ß&isSearch=false

First thing, doens't look like I was expecting it to;

(that's the new one there)

There's no "bracket" thing to hold the donut?

Changed it anyway, tightened stuff up and put it back together. Still leaking :( Have I got the wrong kind of donut? Should the bracket be put on? I didn't because I wasn't sure if it would fit with it, I assumed there was a reason for not having one?

Well,

took it back off again. Removed the fixings, washers and rubber washer things and gave them a good clean and put them back on with a bit of sealant to help. Put the old donut back on since I've come to the conclusion I need a 120mm hex one (like thishttp://www.plumbers-mate-sales.co.u...oughnut-washer-pack-of-2---08000111-645-p.asp) and put it all back together.

No leaks yet, although it may just be temp. Going to get a hex donut as above soon hopefully.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back