leaking toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hows this for bad luck. today was the day for the new toilet. i live miles from any where the nearest diy store some 15 mile away. the job started badly .fixing to the foor was a nightmare .fixing the water etc a breeze everything tight to the joints and no leaks until i flushed the sytem.then a pool of water .the drains were tight and dry . the problem was a hairline crack in the bowls. a mornings work for nothing i certainly wasn't a happy bunny

Sponsored Links
Sorry to hear this m8.

fixing to the foor was a nightmare .

How come? I've never fitted a toilet before, so I don't know the difficulties involved. Does the toilet use nuts and bolts/ screws? How do you screw it to the floor? How would you get the nut underneath the floorboard if it uses bolts?

Please excuse my ignorance.

Tozzy said:
Sorry to hear this m8.

fixing to the foor was a nightmare .

How come? I've never fitted a toilet before, so I don't know the difficulties involved. Does the toilet use nuts and bolts/ screws? How do you screw it to the floor? How would you get the nut underneath the floorboard if it uses bolts?

Please excuse my ignorance.

Had same problem last year, fitted a loo and the customer had me back wice for leaks (only nothing was leaking), they had a young son and i thought in the back of my mind he was peeing on the floor, it turned out the trap at the porcelaine base of the toilet had a minute hairline crack which built up then dribbled onto the floor, with 3 return calls i made bugger all out of that job.

Oh and Tozzy, a toilet screws to the floor matey with screws ;)

Sponsored Links
keyplayer said:
Ah, un rosbif!
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: genuine french french teachers are such fun! where we call the french "frogs" they call us "rosbif"!!!! (roast beef :rolleyes: )

oh, and i learnt what cul-de-sac means ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back