leaking worcester 9.24E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys.

Came home to find my boiler leaking. I know its getting on but its been very reliable and serviced yearly.

The leak is coming from the isolation valve on either the flow or return. ( its the valve which does not join the cold inlet with the filling loop). Its leaking a few drops at the moment but i dont want it to get any worse.

So, is there a way of repairing / fixing this leak. Or is it best to drain it down and install another valve. If so, where can i get one from please.

Many thanks.

Josh

Sponsored Links
Drain down and replace fibre washer 3/4", top up the inhibitor on refilling.

;)

Thanks clf

Its leaking from the middle of the valve - the bit you turn with a screwdriver to isolate. Is replacing the washer going to stop it leaking from there??

Sponsored Links
Ok, but where do i get a replacement valve from for this boiler??

Many thanks

Any idea of the part number i require.

josh.

PS: this site it just great :D

done one today its a right pig of a job. got to take pump off, remove pipes just to get to floewreturn connecting manifold.

Hi there,

I have the same problem with my 9.24 boiler. I need to replace the bulkhead valve. I tried my local HRPC today and they told me I was now unlikely to be able to source the part.

Anyone help with a part no. so I can Google it?

Many thanks
Alistair

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back