Leaky coving after steaming session!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've spent the last two days steam stripping the woodchip off the walls of the spare room. Yesterday in the early afternoon, I noticed water dripping from the coving on one of the walls below. I guessed it must be the condensed steam finding its way out, so I shoved a bucket under it and resolved to investigate further if it was still dripping in the morning.

That it is, at a rate of about 1 drip every 2 seconds, and not showing any signs of slowing. Must have gathered about half a litre by now.

Has anyone had the same problem after a lengthy steaming sesh? Or am I barking up the wrong alley and should be poking around for plumbing leaks?

Cheers,

Rob

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
:LOL:

Ive had many a steamy session but what I do at work with bored housewifes......(possibly your wives even!!????) is my business... ;)

Joking aside (my wife reads this board sometimes) there is a lesson there to be remembered.....

Steam strippers do generate a hell of a lot of water, dodgy when you have carpets down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back