1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Leaky radiator pipe, please help!

Discussion in 'DIY Disasters' started by Kumayl, 9 Feb 2021.

1. Kumayl

Kumayl

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    So I was trying to remove a radiator from the wall as we are decorating the room. I was successful at detaching everything from the thermostat attachment side, but when it came to the other side, the nut was a bit too tight. I used a spanner and used a bit too much force to unscrew the nut. I was able to loosen the nut, however by using so much force, I bent the radiator pipe!/valve pipe slightly forward as you can see from the picture. This has resulted in a gap between the nut and the water pipe (circled red) from where water starts to leak out when we turn the central heating on. Is there anyway we can straighten the pipe ourselves so stop the leakage?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. RobTi

RobTi

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If you can move the pipe upward just drain the system cut the kink off and fit a new olive

3. Sponsored Links
  4. DGCS

DGCS

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Ditto.. if you pull the pipe.. see how much you can move it, you would need about 30mm or 1inch 1/4 in old money to successfully cut the pipe before the kink and refit with new olive. if you find you don't have enough pipe, the next thing after draining off the pipe is to solder and coupling to extend the pipe ( if your competent in soldering pipes ) if not, you could use a push fit or compression, both ugly to look at, but it is at least something you could do yourself.

5. DGCS

DGCS

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    smiles

6. Sponsored Links
  7. telegan

telegan

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    1yr apprentice ?
    always hold lock shield valve with shifter or else thats what can happed