Leaky Roof

rvp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

We are after some advice on a leak we have. We have been quoted £480 to fix a very minor leak in our Daughters bedroom.

Damage seems to be minimal as the water that the bucket is catching is less than an inch really very small amount to be honest.

We looked in the loft and basically the previous owners have tried to repair the 'felt' because it is now a white colour.

I also had a look at the Roof up the ladder and it seems 1 or 2 max tiles will need replacing along with a small amount of lead flashing that is near the overhang of next doors Roof.

Does £480 sound about right? If any Pro Roofers are on here maybe you could give us a quote - we live in Manchester.

Thanks.[/list]

Sponsored Links
I'm not a pro by any means, quite the opposite.

But I think the issue here is just exactly what does the £480 get you fixed?

You mention some tiles need replacing, damaged felt, and flashing...

Find out exactly what he is going to do for that price then you will be able to compare!

I'm not a pro by any means, quite the opposite.

But I think the issue here is just exactly what does the £480 get you fixed?

You mention some tiles need replacing, damaged felt, and flashing...

Find out exactly what he is going to do for that price then you will be able to compare!

Will do, cheers going to hopefully get one or two more quotes to compare.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back