Leaky shower Cartridge - again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Bit miffed as I have a Triton sentiment thermostatic shower and its been installed around 5 years ago. I've replaced the cartridge 3 times already and the last one is dripping at the handle after about 8 months.

At £150 a pop, I want it replaced....

I've emailed triton but they've just told me to check the pressure as that may be causing the leaks to occur so often (max 5 bar).

I have a mains pressure tank and conventional boiler and thats been in place for just under a year. Previously I had a gravity fed system and it has made no difference IMHO - the flow is better...but 5 bar?? Nope. I will check though....

So next question is, I want to replace the valve unit. Is there any shower that anyone has experience of that is an easy replacement and similar style?

I understand ceramic valves are better/more reliable? Any recommendations?

I'll have spent £600 on cartridges over 4 years at this rate so I'd be happy to spend some money on a good replacement valve so long as it doesn't butcher my shower!!!

thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back