Shower - Always Warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Triton HP Combi shower in my bathroom. It's probably 20 years old. Recently it has been acting a bit strange - if I turn the water temperature all the way down, the water is still a bit warm. It used to be ice cold.

Maybe it doesn't matter...I'm not one for taking freezing cold showers...but could it mean this thing is on its way out?

Should I do anything (eg. consider replacing the shower cartridge if I can find a replacement) or is it best left alone?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
'Recently' as in the last few weeks? If so then it's just your cold water isn't as cold as it usually is ..I have an electric shower, usual summer setting is flow control at 11 o'clock ish. Last few days it's been at 7 o'clock, superb flow & still hot :)

Sponsored Links
'Recently' as in the last few weeks? If so then it's just your cold water isn't as cold as it usually is ..I have an electric shower, usual summer setting is flow control at 11 o'clock ish. Last few days it's been at 7 o'clock, superb flow & still hot :)

Thanks. Yes, for the last few weeks I'd say. Point taken about the warm weather perhaps making the cold water less cold. I think there's more to it than that though because I've never noticed it in previous years - something different seems to be going on.

I've just grabbed a temperature probe and had a check. The water coming out of the cold tap in my kitchen is at about 22C, but the water coming out of my shower (on its coldest setting) is about 31C, so I'm getting an extra 9C from somewhere, which presumably is because there's some hot water being mixed in inside the shower when it shouldn't be.

Edit: there’s also a slight water leak from just behind the control knob

Last edited:
I have a 9.5kw triton shower its ok, but the eco function is just rubbish. Its only good on a hot summers days, all other days its just luke warm and not warm enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back