Leaky Shower Connection???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having problems with fitting a new mixer bar to my new pipework for my shower.
The off-set connections supplied with the mixer bar both have male threaded ends, one to accept the new mixer bar and the other to go onto the supplying pipework. This is the side i am having the problem with. Ihave connected a female right angled connection onto the vertical section of my pipework, but what ever i try i cannot make this watertight, it drips when the water is turned on.
Is there a different connection i can try.
Any help please, this is driving me mad!!!

Sponsored Links
It should be ok as long as you use ptfe tape of loctite 55 thread on the threads ;)

Persumambly the fittings have to finish at a particular point to line up with the mixer bar unions. Tha way round is to usually wind more / less PTFE tape so the fitting tightens just at the right place.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back