Leaky tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After the success of my previous post, I'm happy to let the members do the thinking again!
I realise this is probably straightforward, but being an old fashioned sort of chap living in a old fashioned sort of house, repairing a mixer tap is new ground for me.
How should I go about this, as I am reluctant to buy new when this one is less than 2 years old?
Picture:

Thanks in anticipation,
DonDiy
:confused:

Sponsored Links
Are you giving any clue as to what the problem is?

It may not be too clear in the picture, but it's leaking from under the handle rather than the the spout.

Ooh lever mixers...often a nightmare and hard to fix. If you know the make and model you might be able to get parts. Have you worked out how to get the handle off yet? there will either be a grub screw at the back or, more likely, under the hot/cold symbol at the front. take that off and you'll be able to see how it's held together. Take it apart and see if there's anything split inside, but be careful to note how it all goes together.

Sponsored Links
OK.

If this is a lever-operated monobloc then you can't service it - you have to replace the cartridge. To do this you need to know the make and model.

Thanks guys,
I'll open it up to have a look, and no doubt will be back for more assistance,
Cheers :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back