Leaky tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for advice. I have a leaky tap, but I can't really tell where the leaking is coming from. Whether it's the tap itself of the pipes beneath.

Any ideas where it's most likely coming from? I *think* it's from the base of the tap which connects to the work surface.

I don't want to shell out for a new tap if it's not the tap, likewise with the pipe work.

I need to fix it though, as I don't want my work surface to be ruined. I don't think it's sealed around the base of the tap.

Sponsored Links
The most likely place is from the spout where it swivels - they always leak from here eventually. There won't be a leak from the base of the tap - there could be in the connections, but it would show up underneath.
If the tap isn't sealed to the work top, it will show as a drip underneath too - and damage the work top at the same time, if its the traditional laminate.
John :)

Sponsored Links
If it is the spout thats leaking, then its sometimes possible just to replace the 'O' rings within that form a seal.......of course, you need to know where the leak is for sure! A repair isn't guaranteed though.
Whatever you do, a seal (silicone) between any tap and the work top is essential.
John :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back