Lean-to wall strong enough for tiled roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a lean to with a corrugated plastic roof. I've been given enough concrete double roman tiles to cover the area and I feel I'm capable enough to replace the roof myself. The only thing I don't know is if the current lean-to wall will be strong enough to take the weight. It's a single skin brick wall with some pillars by the doors, but it doesn't seemed to be tied into the house much (or at all really). Pics attached. I might be worrying about nothing, but thought it would be good to check. Thanks in advance.

IMG_20211017_083040.jpg
IMG_20211017_083050.jpg

Sponsored Links
I assume you plan on removing the existing wooden roof structure and plan on replacing it with a new much stronger one?

How deep are the foundations on that wall?

The wall should be fine.

Yes, I'll be replacing the timber with whatever thickness is recommended. I have no idea how deep the foundations are... We are a single story bungalow. I'm not sure if that helps it looks like the lean-to was built at the same time as the house.

I guess the roof joists will tie it all together and spread the load.

Sponsored Links
Lol, the roof, if it is built properly, will restrain the wall. Additional downward thrust, spread across a bedded 100mm x 75mm wall plate will be minimal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back