Leaning stuff onto guttering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a small side extension built up to the boundary. It was already done when we moved in. I clean the polycarbonate roof once or twice a year. Early this year I noticed my neighbours leaning stuff against the guttering. Does anyone see this as causing a problem?

It's safe to say we don't get on with them. And trust me I don't even think they're doing it on purpose. Just aren't the brightest of bunch

Attachments

• 20220812_062715.jpg
    20220812_062715.jpg
    410.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 20220812_062722.jpg
    20220812_062722.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 77
Sponsored Links
Well this is the problem. At the bottom you can see a fence post the fence and gate is attached to. That must be the boundary. Now the guttering is level with that fence post. So the guttering is where a boundary fence would be. I'm guessing when it got built the agreement with who lived there currently was to build the building and remove the boundary fence. In essence they've gained the 4 or 5 inch you'd lose having a fence there. At the back it's a fence and wall that has been built after the build that fixes to the brick wall of our extension and to the next fence post. I know they'll have the thoughts of well it's on our side so wel do what we want but technically I'm under the assumption it is the actual boundary. And to do anything with a shared boundary which it states its shared in the lease then the party wall agreement comes into place etc. It's more when they're categorically in the wrong with things in the past they won't take responsibility. But if any damage is caused to the guttering then obviously I'm not gonna be best please because I personally wouldn't lean things on someone else's guttering

Is it really going to be worth the Hassle,
if the guttering is not leaking and damaging your property I would ignore it .
There is nothing worse than being at war with ones neighbours .
Why neighbours have to be like that I will never understand .

Sponsored Links
I agree with you in that regard but I don't want it to get to the situation of it leaking either. I'd obviously rather get on but we can't force ourselves to get on with them. Every six months or so we have a problem. It involves them doing something that they moan like mad about when its done to them. The most recent one was they had their roof done. They got cowboys in to do it as we soon figured out. Mess all over the windows front and back. Battens with nails in. I'd done a 12 hour shift and come back to that. So the next day I saw the woman at front and asked do you think you could ask the builders to clean up today please. She snapped they aren't finished. I said fair enough but most decent people clean up at the end of the day to an extent. Not just leave it all. Anyway it turned into world war 3! The outcome was they cleaned it. If it was me I'd even post £20 and say get your Windows cleaned. Sorry for the mess. But we can't all be decent people can we. So little things like this irritate me because i wouldn't do it to them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back