LEC under counter fridge with freezer box.

Discussion in 'Appliances' started by Brian Hankin, 25 Apr 2019.

1. Brian Hankin

Brian Hankin

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi all, hoping you can help me.
    The LEC fridge I purchased only works when the weather is warm, when I contacted LEC they said I should have read the instruction book, this book was in the fridge when it was delivered.
    I have it in an outbuilding where it only worked last summer, this is no good as I need to keep some bird food frozen to feed all year round.
    My query to you good people is can the fridge be altered to work in any ambient temperature or is it fixed to the factory setting.
    Regards Brian

2. Sponsored Links
  3. ericmark

ericmark

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    In the main auto defrost needs it to be warm enough, and manual defrost does not matter, so outbuilding freezer in the main always a chest type.

4. jj4091

jj4091

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    A FRIDGE should not freeze anything apart from in the icebox section. Are you saying the temp. never drops below zero in the ice box section with the fridge stat set to the coldest setting? If so you could try covering it with an old quilt or thick blanket.

5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local