LED 2D Replacements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of my 3500K 28W 2D's has gone and another is on the way.

I have three in total, in two separate bathrooms and would prefer warm white.

Has anyone swapped these out for LED's?

Which ones are reliable?

The ones I have seen are fewer lumens than the fluorescent lamp they are replacing, which does not make sense.

Cheers, guys.

Sponsored Links
Yes but I'd have to look in the van for the ones I use. They're proving reliable. Standard stock in CEF anyways.

If you can live with cool white (don't know why they don't make them in warm) these guys do ones that are 1400lm as opposed to tamsh*te's 940lm. Thats 48% brighter. Also available in round. As with all Enlite stuff, I love them.

Sponsored Links
Cheers, guys. But I can't see the point though of paying to replace the gubbins with LED if you take a hit with the light output.

Standard 28W 2D lamp is around 2000 lumen.

Plus they're only half the wattage, not like a GU10 that's a tenth of the wattage and equivalent/greater lumen output.

Have you considered changing them for combined LED bulkheads. These have a lumen output of >2000l (I haven't used these personally)

If its complete fittings then popular in the wholesalers round here are the Robus golf 10 watt, have only seen them in cool white, Though robus do warm white in some of there other ranges of led,

Cheers, lads.

Will see what price those are. They are nice and slim, a halfway house between the Polo's there now
( https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Produc...837IxT1wK-jDsNkThRGnI2frI5edTZSU8saAuS18P8HAQ )
and Ban's suggested recessed ones, which would mean carving up the new ceilings.

Cheers, Rocky, I'll look up the Golf.

Funny to think I might be upgrading from Polo to Golf!!! As long as the emissions are OK, I don't mind!

EDIT: They are the same fitting with different gubbins inside!!!

Last edited:
Those 2Ds seem bright enough when they're fitted although I haven't looked on the box for the lumens. They're not warm white but not a hideous glare either.

Not seen them prismatic ones before, the golf ones ive seen were opal ones, and the case fixing slots are slightly different, so although looks same, you wouldnt be able to fit your prismatic cover on the new fitting

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back