LED Downlight - Stopping Draught

Sponsored Links
If this "qualified electrician" signed a declaration to say that he complied with the Building Regulations he lied. He charged you for doing something he did not do, which is theft. You should complain to his scheme organiser.

I do hate to be pedantic but I think it might more accurately be described as fraud rather than theft. As it's a criminal, rather than civil matter, a call to the local constabulary might be a better place to start than the scheme operator.

They're great. I fit millions of them and every single customer loves them.
Yes, but your views are highly suspect, motivated by personal gain and entirely uninformed by any concepts such as elegant design and fitness for purpose.

And as we regularly see here, an awful lot of people never stop to wonder if having to use dozens of lights in one room might be an indication that they are no good at lighting up rooms, and you are hardly going to suggest it to them, are you.

Sponsored Links
and then run strips of plasterboard along the top of the beams
That seems a very inappropriate material to use for what is effectively boarding out the loft.

What about using fireproof platerboard then? The downlights are firerated anyway. Can't win with you can we shed. By puting the plasterboard above and then another layer of insulation that will stop the warm condensation you mentioned. The extra insulation will stop the draft and the excess heat will circulate back into the room

It would probably be airtight enough.

I would have thought that chipboard or ply would make more sense than PB though.

I have four down lights in my hall, replacing the single pendent. My hall is now uniformly lit, were it was previously shadowy.

What would you have preferred I fit? A 5ft fluorescent?

I have four down lights in my hall, replacing the single pendent. My hall is now uniformly lit, were it was previously shadowy.

What would you have preferred I fit? A 5ft fluorescent?

With a prismatic diffuser, i hope :D

Regards,

DS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back