LED Downlighters not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed three sets of B&Q LED downlighters under my kitchen cabinets. Two sets of 2 and a set of 5. One set of 2 are supplied by a cable which is powering a set of 2 LED downlighters inside a cabinet and the set of 5 is supplied by a cable which is powering a set of 4 LED downlighters inside two cabinets. They are all coming off the same switch. The 6 lights inside the cabinets are working fine. I am getting nothing from those 9 under the cabinets. Has anyone any ideas what I am missing, as I am now stuck?

I have just popped one of the under cabinet lamps into the inside cabinet driver and the lamp lights up, so the lamps are ok.

The working LED lights are off two tiny drivers with IN 240V 50Hz and OUT DC12V.
The non working LED lights are off three bigger drivers with Pri-220-240 VAC 50/60Hz and Sec-DC12V Max 1.25A 15W

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Are they a ready-made set (ie, just plug the lights in to the supplied connectors and leads, or is it a make it yourself kit?

If the latter, or if you have modded the supplied system, make sure that you have connected the LEDs up properly. Some types are connected in series, some in parallel..

They are almost ready made. You have to plug each lamp's leads into a plastic connector with + and -, the led driver is already connected to the distributor, which has six connections.

Are they all part of the same set/range?

Could it be that the polarity of the one driver is the oppposite of the other?

Sponsored Links
I am not sure what you mean by that. Aren't the brown wires + and the blue - always? I have plugged some of the non-working lamps into spare slots on the working distrbutors and they work fine. Should I try switching the blue and the browns around?

Sorry, did not answer the first question, the three sets not working are the same, the two sets working are different to the three non workers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back