LED (IP65) Downlights controlled via Zigbee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm starting this question new and would like advice as I keep hitting a brick wall on my research.

My new workshop has a large front overhang (Approx 600mm) the cavity is 113mm deep and not insulated - rest of roof is. The roof is watertight with EPDM.

I have looked at the Philips Hue GU10 bulbs which would work with my current Hue setup but after speaking to Philips Hue they tell me their GU10 bulb shouldn't be used outside even though they are to be fitted in an IP65 rated downlight. I have look at the Satin Nickel shower GU10 downlight from xciteLED.

Having also looked at a couple of Zigbee controllers and contacted led lighting products ltd, they as helpful as a chocolate teapot and I'm still stumped.

So my basic need is four LED downlights the can live on the Zigbee protocol and connect to my Philips Hue hub. Whether this be via the bulb or via a controller connected to the downlights. There are other solutions out there like Starlite but they use their own ecosystem/app to connect and control their lighting.

If push comes to shove then I'll just go with white bulbs, but would really like to use white and colour ambience.

Just for reference I have included image of workshop, still work in progress.

IMG_0097.jpeg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back