Led is flickering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I changed old emergency Light fitting (maintained ) with LED fitting
also there is electronic switch timer to turn them on and off
After the light become off light start flickering.
Any one can help.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
So the LED flickers when it should be off? Probably induced voltages in the wiring. One solution is to install a snubber across the fitting.

there is electronic switch timer to turn them on and off
Some times the timers have no neutral and actually pass a small current through the bulb to power the timer, if this is the case then this will cause the flickering. Many dimmer switches do the same so using a dimmable bulb will often cure this problem as the bulbs are designed to allow a small current flow. There are as already said devices which can be put across the bulb supply which will also allow a small current to flow to power dimmer switches or other causes of small current across the bulb.

many thanks for help
this is the timer switch, which is not work with neutral.

Attachments

• 20151217_164217.jpg
    20151217_164217.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 232
Sponsored Links
Further, in theinstructions it says, specifically

"Not recommended for use with Fluorescent Lamps or Low Voltage Lighting Systems or Energy Saving Lamps"

This may be a clue although you may have sufficient load if there are other lights on that circuit to make up the 60watt minimum load.

Hi
Its for LED light .
They are 3 fittings and each of them have got the 19W load
Saxby Neptune LED Emergency Bulkhead Natural White 19W
Product Code: 9394J from Screwfix

Thanks

3 x 19W = 57W.

You may get away with it from a minimum load POV, but you may need the snubber.

I looked at Screwfix site and note it states "Non-Dimmable" so would not expect these lamps to work with any switch which requires series current to work. Although the "Emergency Lighting" label seems odd when no other info is given. Normally it will state maintained or non maintained at least. Often also time it will run for normally 3 hours. How are these wired? Does it have two line feeds? I would not normally expect emergency lights to use that type of timer.

Hello Taylortwocities

I installed a Snubber in across the fitting but still flickering
I attached the pic of RC Contact Suppressor -----Code: RG22Y------from Maplin

Attachments

• 20151224_105612.jpg
    20151224_105612.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 193

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back