LED light attached to bathroom fan constantly flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
Just installed a new extractor fan in a bathroom im doing up and the LED light that goes in the fan is constantly flashing whether the switch is turned on or off.
A separate light (not LED) in the bathroom works fine.
Perm live in only going to the fan and not the light,
Any ideas on things I can try to resolve the problem. Havent currently got any similar fitting bulbs to try as the nibs are tiny.

Sponsored Links
Did the fan and light come as a kit?

Switch the power off at the fuse box, disconnect the switched live wire at the fan light and put it safely out of the way in a connector block or similar, leave the permanent live and neutral connected as they are. Switch the power back on at the fuse box, does it still flash?

I have resolved the problem now, but it has come up with another,
Yes they came as a kit, light inside the fan.
The light is always on now, so i guess i need to install either a pull switch or another outside switch, the fan is only on when the bathroom light is turned on so dont understant it.

The light should be connected to neutral and switched live, how is it connected now? You don't need another switch. Post some photos or draw a diagram of how things are connected. Do you have 3 wires + an earth wire at the fan? Don't keep guessing the wiring!

Sponsored Links
the light is connected to switch live and neutral, the fan is connected to the switch live, perm live and neutral

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back