1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

LED Light Flashing

Discussion in 'Electrics UK' started by Jamie D, 22 Mar 2020.

1. Jamie D

Jamie D

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Having issues with some LED lights, will try and explain as best I can, would like to know what is causing this.

I recently converted half my garage into a hobby space and added 2 LED batten lights. The garage has a separate fuse box and this was wired into the existing light. This was moved to the storage area and the wiring came off this into the two battens.

So it goes fuse box - bulb - LED 1 - LED 2

The bulb is fine. But LED 1 flashes. When you turn the lights on all is good but after maybe 10 or 20 minutes LED 1 flashes for about 20 seconds then stabilises. It does this quite frequently. LED 2 has done this a few time’s but not as often.

I have tried switching the LED bulbs around to see if the issue moves but it was still mainly the first unit.

Any idea what the issue could be and how to fix?

2. Chris_W

Chris_W

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Loose connection? Trapped insulation wire?

3. ericmark

ericmark

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Optional extra no charge. Mine I would say pulse rather than flash, and that is with 5 bulbs, wish I could stop it, but seems it is down to method used to regulate the current through the LED, yes could be a poor connection, but it is such a common fault more likely the driver inside the bulb/tube, and there is nothing you can do short of swapping the bulb/tube.

4. Jamie D

Jamie D

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks, will have to get someone in to take a look once we are all allowed to leave our houses again lol

5. Sponsored Links