LED Light Fixture Has no Ground - Solution?

Grains of rice and other food debris have been found in imported goods. Snacking on the production line in the factory ?, possible. Manufacturing on kitchen tables ?, also possible.

Reminds me where the exact reverse happened in this country about about 20 years ago in this country.

An old metal lampholder was found in a pie by a consumer, which was manufactured in a factory oop north somewhere.

Sponsored Links
An old metal lampholder was found in a pie by a consumer,
Probably a light diet pie

Some of the things found in processed food beggar belief. Most are accidental, bits falling off machines etc etc, But some are intentional but mainly harmless. A catering size tin of corned beef contained an entire set of bull's genitals ( cooked ) when it was opened in a school kitchen, several instances of requests for pen-friend contact ( before internet ) in various packets. Then there are false claims from people who say they have found foriegn objects with the sole intent to get compensation.

I knew a Glaswegian once who had once worked in the factory which made the pies for football matches. I can't remember which way round it was, but if the workers there found out that the order was bound for the enemy they would spit in them....

Pies are notorious for containing strange objects.

It's long been rumoured about the type of foreign matter than can be found inside a hamburger at McDonalds...

Sponsored Links
Just look on Google for some of the most bizarre stuff found in food. Condoms in soup, frogs in Pepsi, deep fried chicken heads, faulty chocolate ice cream...

Great topic this, been saying for years the forum should be more like this...

CE_Marks_lrg.jpg

I have seen reputable stuff and there ce mark aint like that, theres not always room on the label to actually do that

Don't forget all the other meaningless markings on Chinese stuff, the CCC one above and the similar CQC mark (crap quality control).

CE_Marks_lrg.jpg

I have seen reputable stuff and there ce mark aint like that, theres not always room on the label to actually do that
No, you have not seen reputable stuff.

The mark is required to be of the designated design - there are no exceptions, no exemptions, no excuses.

If it is not of the designated design then it is not a CE mark, end of.

CE_Marks_lrg.jpg

No, you have not seen reputable stuff.

The mark is required to be of the designated design - there are no exceptions, no exemptions, no excuses.

If it is not of the designated design then it is not a CE mark, end of.

fair enough, but just because the label dont conform, would that also mean that the rest of the actual product is not made to CE standard and that you should not buy that product

R651850-01.jpg

Last edited:
Actually, both of those things are exactly what it means - that's the whole point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back