LED Lighting in bathroom

Sponsored Links
I've opted for the Halers H2 which look fantastic. However the spring loaded clips are extremely poor or I am being useless!

I've fitted them to position A as my plaster ceiling is 100m thick. I put them through a 60cm hole and the clips don't seem to do anything. I push them through and they pop out. Am I missing something here?

I can post a picture if it helps?

my plaster ceiling is 100m thick

:eek: Wow, that's one thick ceiling!

I think you must be attatching the clips incorrectly, as they've always been ok for me.

Can you post a pic of how you're attatching the clip to the fitting?

Sponsored Links
Right, you're not doing it quite right.

halers.jpg

You need to start by putting the bit with the red arrow pointing at it under the metal where the green arrow is pointing.

Then refit the prong on the light nearest the green arrow into the middle of the spring as it is now, and lastly the prong into the other side of the spring.

I still don't think I have it right :(

I put the prong bit behind the metal and tried to connect it but it just seemed to wedge itself behind. Maybe I am trying to connect it the wrong way around?

I've added a couple of photos to see if you could point my feeble brain a bit more please

You're almost there!

In your second picture, there's a piece of metal that comes off the long arm at a right angle. It's the bit above the centre of your thumbnail and the curly bit of the spring. we'll call this 'the straight bit'

Now you need to end up with the curly bit as you've got it, but also the straight bit needs to be inside the curly bit.

Try this.

Remove the spring.
Put the straight bit inside the curly part.
Now put the bit pointed at by the red arrow back at the green arrow as you've got it now.
Then squeeze the spring together a bit and pop the other end of it onto the prong on the fitting.

Hope that makes sense!

HI I'VE DONE IT!

Thanks for your help. I did it your way but with the prong bit going into the other side first. It was not going in the other way at all. This now holds perfectly!

Halers downlights like the OP has got will out perform those from RS by a long long way.

They really are fantastic.

Indeed. Halers H2 + 8.5watt

RS lamp 2.7watt

And the RS thing is just a GU lamp that can replace any GU10.

Not the same thing, at all.

Maybe maltaron works for RS?

HI I'VE DONE IT!

Thanks for your help. I did it your way but with the prong bit going into the other side first. It was not going in the other way at all. This now holds perfectly!
What did you do about ensuring compliance with Parts B, C & L of the Building Regulations?

my sparky is coming around to rewire the house. Connecting these bad boys is beyond my electrical skill. Although these don't have an earth (IP65) the rest of my lighting circuit is missing them (old house not fitted).

The consumer unit is done.

But none of that has anything to do with how you sorted out, as required, compliance with those parts of the Building Regulations....

my sparky is coming around to rewire the house.
But the CU has already been replaced?

Although these don't have an earth (IP65)
Having/not having an earth has noting to do with their IP rating.

The consumer unit is done.
Even though the circuits need rewiring?

Could you scan or photograph the schedule of results from the EIC?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back