LED street lights, no spares available

Sorry for any confusion :)
I meant 100 - 200 lm/W for the low pressure sodium lamps. Apparently they could be even more efficient if anyone was willing to put funding into development.
It's important to remember that lumens are a measure of perceived brightness, not a measure of how useful the light actually is. Monochrome light, no matter how bright means a lot of the information in a scene is lost.

Sponsored Links
It's important to remember that lumens are a measure of perceived brightness, not a measure of how useful the light actually is. Monochrome light, no matter how bright means a lot of the information in a scene is lost.

Agreed, high pressure sodium was a decent compromise, with the potential for upto 150lm/W and far better colour rendition.
As mentioned by someone earlier, with the move to LED on my street; my perception was that the view down the road was dimmer, unevenly lit and the light quality was far harsher.
I'm a great fan of LED lighting; however the arguments made by my LA for lamp replacement, based purely on economy, don't quite ring true to me! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back