Led tape lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to fit some led tape lights under my kitchen cabinets,I have a 7 ft stretch then I have my cooker and another 300 mm cabinet after the cooker.Instead of having two separate installations I have buried 20 mm oval conduit in the wall which is going to be tiled over and was thinking of running the tape through that.My questions are would the heat build up in the conduit and knacker the LEDs and if so could I terminate the first 7 ft run and run a pair of singles through the conduit and connect to the rest of LEDs for the 300 mm cabinet?

Sponsored Links
Depending on where the feed connects to the tape it might be better to feed each length separately rather than daisy chain the short bit from the long bit but 3m is not a lot anyway.

Sponsored Links
There are points to cut them with the ones I have 1707826159759.png and some even had connectors in the box, however I have never tried cutting them.

Did this in my last kitchen , easy to cut and fit a push on extension lead to link units.

Brilliant thanks for the replies,just need to make my mind up on where to get them from.I can't see the cheapo ones on Amazon being much cop?

I've known a few people have problems with the connectors... it always seems to be the same people having those sorts of problems.;):rolleyes:
I've also known people who have used the connectors successfully but they always seem a bit chunky or clumsey to me so I have only ever soldered them.
One of the installations I saw was about 6 rows of tape right down both sides of a hall and a bit over 3 lengths with power applied at both ends. They had terrible problems with failures but TBH I'm not surprised with the sorts of currents involved.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back