LEDlites unreliable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had to replace the 2nd LEDlite Downlight in my bathroom as it failed today. Was the one above my shower what failed. Only been in for just under 4 years!

Anyone else had issues with this product failing?

Regards: Elliott

Sponsored Links
£23 per item
4 years > £ 6 per year > 50p per month > 1.7p per day.

Not a bad cost per day.

£23 per item

+ VAT, but still not bad at all.

Well this is freaky, I just picked the dud unit up of my desk and it lit up briefly. At least they have a 5 year guarantee that I might be able to claim on. (y)

I do wonder how many hours of use it has had though over the years, as my bathroom has no windows and the LEDlites are the only source of light.

I have had one fail, it just went off one day. The driver had failed, but nothing was visibly burnt/exploded. They have been more reliable than Halers H2 where we had 7 fail in one property within 2 months.

I like them as they have a huge range of fitting options, including emergency. I have drop glasses fitted to the ones I have here, which spreads the light right up the walls and illuminates the ceiling a bit for even lighting.

Sponsored Links
A lot of LED manufacturers advertise 5 or 7 year warranties, but you are supposed to have registered the product at installation time and - often - confirm the name and CPS number of the registered electrician who installed it:whistle:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back