Sourcing a 5500k LED down light with 90° beam angle.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 5 of these (see below) in my bathroom with the 90° lenses, and one has now failed and needs replacing.

I am having difficulty in finding a integrated fire rated LED down light that is both 90° beam angle and 5500K in colour temperature.

Most daylight down lights are 6000K from research, not 5500K, and I worry putting a 6000k will look odd against the other 4 in my bathroom what are 5500k, and then there's the wide beam angle issue as well.

What would one recommend? At this point, I feel it may be easier to get a fire rated GU10 down light that is suitably IP rated, than to look for a integrated replacement.

Maybe I could also replace and hack in a new LED driver on the failed unit also?

Regards: Elliott.

Sponsored Links
Most daylight down lights are 6000K from research, not 5500K, and I worry putting a 6000k will look odd against the other 4 in my bathroom what are 5500k,
I've no real idea, but are you sure that there will be a significantly perceptible difference, given that both are 'very white' ?
and then there's the wide beam angle issue as well.
I would personally doubt that would be a significant issue

Kind Regards, John

Sorted it...sorta. One of the 4 led's in the series chain had died, so just removed and bypassed that LED. Will see how long it lasts with the 3 LED's.

Not sure if the driver is constant current or constant voltage, but either way, the 3 reaming LED's may be being pushed more now if it is a CV driver.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back