level local variations on a sloping floor for laminate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My living room floor has a slope over most of it, and then a sharp rise at the last metre (room is about 6x5.5m).The floor is level in the other direction. Where the sharp rise is I intend to remove it and start again as there is also a really rough area where I have removed a cupboard.

I would like to lay laminate flooring (Something from the balterio traditional range). I intend to lay it so the lengths go across the slope. However, there are a couple of localized dips of about 5mm. Is there an easy way to remove these so the laminate doesn't give as you walk over it. If I used a self levelling compound it would just run away. I could happily fill the dip using a long level and traditional sand and cement, but think it will just crack out due to the thin layer. Is there maybe a product that would be better to use in this case? Or maybe even a different approach.

I can't afford to lift everything and relay it, and to level it out as it is, means I would have to duck as I go through a doorway that is at the lowest end. Which means I can't really use any of the great suggestions already posted.

Look forward to hearing any suggestions. (If my description makes sense!!)

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back