Levelling concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had some work done by builders on my garage conversion and the floor raised with insulation and concrete. Problem being its not perfectly level. :mad:

Whats the best way to resolve this for laying flooring. Should I use self levelling compound?

Sponsored Links
I guess it slightly depends it is 'not level' in that its not been troweled off smooth, or if it its 'not level' in that one side is 2-3inchs lower than the other?

Daniel

Problem being its not perfectly level. :mad:
Floors are only perfectly level on an architects drawing and not in the real world.

How far out of level is it, i.e. is it dips, hollows, running down in one corner, what?

Are you using the floor as a Hubble mirror or summat?

Sponsored Links
If I put a long level across it it rocks up and down on high and low spots

If I put a long level across it it rocks up and down on high and low spots
As it would in my kitchen... How much does it rock, again, need to get an idea of if this is inches or mm. 4ft level, what biggest dip you can get?

Sounds like it basically level left/right and front/back, but a bit uneven?

Equally, why does it matter? Are you planning to install thing, use it to setup suspension geometry, want it to look nicer?

Daniel

I'm away at the minute, but I'll check accurately when I'm back...

I just basically want to fit wood flooring and thought it might of caused problems if its out of level a lot..

I just basically want to fit wood flooring and thought it might of caused problems if its out of level a lot..
Ah, missed it was garage conversion and hence now 'inside' space, laminate flooring is certainly a good reason to want it flatish!

Daniel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back