Levelling Conservatory floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As you can see the floor needs levelling as the conservatory guy didn't do a good job!

I have already bought sand and cement so won't be using self levelling compound so....... as it is approx 15 foot by 10 I want to be sure it is level at both ends. I will be using battens and a straight edge but need to ensure it is level on the whole distance.

Don't have a 15 foot level so how would I achieve this?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Stick your level on the straight edge. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
for how much u have to make it up id use self levelling cus ull never feather it out to nothing especially if u dont do it all the time

Put screws in the floor the length of your level apart, set them with the top of the head level and just below where you want the finished level to be. Keep going until you have a grid covering the room.

Use sand & cement to put in lines of screed between the screws, when this has set fill in betwen the lines.

You can then put a thin skim over all the floor to improve appearance - sand/cement may nt be appropriate for this.

Not quite as quick as levelling compount but works.

Put screws in the floor the length of your level apart, set them with the top of the head level and just below where you want the finished level to be. Keep going until you have a grid covering the room.

That is a great idea.... I was looking for just this question!

Just trying my first floor with self-levelling. I bought one bag in case I decided it was too hard! I chose Wickes "master" at random , well as it was the most expensive and I thought maybe that would mean it was better/easier...

I was nervous about the mix which being fairly "runny" is not what you are used to with screed, but I found it easy to sloosh around with very little trowling. It settled very flat and set hard, so now Im going to do the rest of the floor. Im going to try the cheaper Wickes stuff now I've got the feel for it a bit.... Its on a concrete base so I don't think I need Latex content

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back