Lexus UX250F hybrid

DP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Car is fitted with a Dunlop 225/50RF18 tyres.
offside rear has a puncture in the tyre wall. Need a replacement.

Cannot find this tyre.

Can another run flat tyre be fitted ie another manufacturer or will both rear tyre need replacing.

TIA

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Check out the Kwik Fit website......several run flat tyres available there.
I would mix manufacturers but I wouldn’t mix run flat with ordinary tyres.
John

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
Check out the Kwik Fit website......several run flat tyres available there.
I would mix manufacturers but I wouldn’t mix run flat with ordinary tyres.
John
Thanks for the reply.

called Lexus for price of replacement Dunlop. They said any make ok unless car is all wheel drive which UX250F is so has to be a Dunlop.
Lexus price for replacement Dunlop is the best so far ( mind lot of places are shut)

Still to try Kwik fit. Called several times, phone just rings out

I can understand (just) that a new tyre shouldn't be paired with a worn out one in some AWD systems but that it needs to be a Dunlop is lost on me......so long as the rolling circumference is the same and it is a run flat tyre etc.
I have to say the main dealers up here are quite competitive price wise with the usual outlets but either way it isn't going to be a cheap one!
John :)

• Thanks
Sponsored Links
I can understand (just) that a new tyre shouldn't be paired with a worn out one in some AWD systems but that it needs to be a Dunlop is lost on me......so long as the rolling circumference is the same and it is a run flat tyre etc.
I have to say the main dealers up here are quite competitive price wise with the usual outlets but either way it isn't going to be a cheap one!
That's because you're all canny lads up there , John :p ! Lexus may be saying tht because this model was homologated only with the Dunlop, and thus they feel legally constrained .

Why aye man! ;)

Good call about the homologation, I'm sure that's correct.......it was the same when the Honda Blackbird first came out in 1996 and only one tyre was deemed suitable - Bridgestone I think.
Plenty of other makes became available in no time, of course.
Regards

Back