All Season Tyres 2023

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have posted threads about these before. This year, Auto Express seems to have some newcomers in their list.

Also, I have never understood how one tyre test can differ so much from another, unless, of course, the parameters are very different.

My lad is buying a new car to replace the ill-fated Space Star. The car he has chosen has had tyre wear highlighted on the inspection report for two tyres and we are doing a deal to include 4 new tyres of our choice.

I've had very good experiences with Michelin Cross Climate 2 and Bridgestone Weather Control A005 EVO tyres in the past and want to choose AS tyres for the new car. The AE listing is as follows:

1. Goodyear Vector 4 seasons Gen3
2. Vredestein Quatrac
3 Michelin Cross Climate 2
4 Firestone Multiseason Gen 2
5= Hankook KInergy 4S2 H750
5= Pirelli Cinturato All Season SF2
7 Kleber Quadraxer
8 Uniroyal All Season Expert

Then AE go on to make comments about each:

1703588546283.png

Which pours cold water (no pun intended) on some of them.

What Tyre have a top 11 (not sure why 11....)

1. Michelin Cross Climate 2
2. Goodyear Vector 4 seasons Gen3
3. Bridgestone Weather Control A005 Driveguard EVO
4. Nokian Weatherproof
5. Continental All Season Contact
6. Pirelli Cinturato All Season SF2
7. Hankook KInergy 4S2 H750
8. Vredestein Quatrac
9. Nokian Seasonproof
10. BF Goodrich G-Grip All Season 2
11. Falken AS210 Euro All Season.

The obvious take from these list comparisons is that both tyre tests feature the Michelin Cross Climate 2, Vredestein Quatrac, Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons Gen 3 and the Hankook KInergy 4S2 H750 and the Pirelli Cinturato All Season SF2, although they are rated differently.

I'm not sure if the A005's have ever appeared in AE's list.
I like the Michelin and the A005's, but I'm not wedded to them, if other tyres have improved over the years.

I'm trying to find some reasonably priced tyres to get delivered to the dealer. So far I've got a price on the A005's which are dearer to have delivered unfitted than the fitted price at my local tyre fitter!

I'm using mytyres, which I've used a few times before.

If your car is wearing all season tyres, what are they and are you impressed with them?

Sponsored Links
Also, what's the difference between these:

1703590773398.png

and these?

1703590879712.png

The cheaper ones show "4PR" and "SBL". What are they?

And why are there two different tyres the same size, speed and load? Most confused!!!

1703591199518.png

1703591236481.png

Last edited:
Michelin cross climate for me.
Been using them for years without any problem.
Get the extra load ones, they have harder sides and unlike the standard ones they don't flex, especially on heavier cars (which should have xl anyway)

I go for XL.

My lad had his tyre shanked and it drove 7 miles without him realising!

Sponsored Links
You can also look at the comparisons on youtube.
As long as you do not go for chinese tyres and stick with mid to premium most tyres will be fine. The differences in the "performance" are coming from the tyre's background. Some AS tyres have been developed from a summer tyre - CrossClimate - and others from a wintertyre - Nokian, Vector4s. Some tyres are not available in all sizes.

Just to add if you hover your cursor over the extra lettering etc it will explain what they mean, in the case of that hankook its to do with extra load and lettering.

I read winter tyre reports every year ( German and Austrian ) and one thing I have never understood is their reports differ by tyre-size i.e. the results for the best 15" tyre are very different for the 17" ones ( this assumes that the equivalent tyre is available in both sizes, which isn't guaranteed with winter-tyres )

Sponsored Links
Back